As reported by The Guardian, Liverpool’s Sadio Mané will have knee surgery in London on Tuesday with the aim of returning to pre-season training at the Anfield in July.
The Senegalese, an important integral in Jürgen Klopp’s pursuit of Champions League qualification, has been ruled out of the Reds squad for the rest of the season after damaging the meniscus in his left knee during Liverpool derby defeat against Everton on 1 April.
The Reds manager Jürgen Klopp, confirmed last week according the Guardian that the Senegal international needed an operation and would not figure on his plans again this season, and the procedure for the operation will take place on Tuesday morning.
Mané will have an eight-week recovery period after the operation but should be available for pre-season training with Liverpool providing there are no complications. “He will get a longer break and be ready for next season,” Klopp said last week. “That is the only good news.”
Mané, at the end of the operation, will have an eight-week recovery period but should be available for Liverpool’s pre-season training providing there are no complication to his recovery. “He will get a longer break and be ready for next season,” Klopp said last week. “That is the only good news.”
The former Southampton forward has been in the best of life for Liverpool since his £34m move from the Saints last summer and is Liverpool’s leading goalscorer with 13 goals this season.