Chelsea FC news: Diego Costa says he is prepared for a move away from Chelsea

This season for both Diego Costa and Chelsea have been highly successful as the Blues now leads the table with 10 points clear of all league contenders.

Costa personally have high goal-scoring rate, finding the net 17 times in just 26 appearances. He was the first player to reach ten league goals of this season.

However, in January, the 28-year-old had a falling out with Manager Antonio Conte which resulted in him being dropped from the first team.

Despite his unrivaled success at Stamford Bridge, he continues to be surrounded with rumors of a possible away from the club in the summer. An interview with Telefoot (h/t Sport-Bible), did nothing to dispel the talks but only made it grow.

When questioned if he would entertain the idea of playing in France’s top-flight Ligue 1, the Spanish attacker said:

“Playing in France? Why not!”

The Spain international has continuously issued similar statement and this have made his future with the Blues after the summer unclear, and according to reports by the Telegraph, he confirmed last week that he made attempt last summer to return to former club Atletico Madrid but all effort proved abortive.

“I did all that I could to return but it didn’t happen,” said Costa. “When Atlético had to wait for me, they didn’t wait. There was still a month to go [until the end of the transfer window] and they didn’t have the patience.

“On Conte’s first day, I told him that I wanted to join Atlético and he was upset with me and didn’t even look at me. Luckily, I started to score goals.”

Chelsea will come against Crystal Palace next Wednesday before they take on the more difficult fixtures. The Blues would be hosting Manchester United and would later take a trip down to Old Trafford in the weeks to come.

Facebook Comments
Temitope, an ardent soccer fan, Emirates is my base. Follow FW us on Facebook and Twitter